As consumer demand for new cars increases, tire makers and steel and aluminum suppliers may experience an increase
in demand for their products, which is an example of
- sequential demand.
- concurrent demand.
- derived demand.
- secondary demand.
An Uber ride is considered a ________ because of its intangible nature.
- marketing object
- market segment
Luke has been scheduling fewer employees to work during the matinee hour at the movie theater he manages because it has been slow lately. He recognized a need to manage his
- off-peak convenience.
- idle production capacity.
- selective demand.
Inseparability in services refers to the fact that
- there is no regulation of service industries in terms of basic standards of quality.
- the quality of service provided by a firm is often inseparable from its image.
- the consumer cannot distinguish the service provider from the service itself.
- training and standardization of service delivery procedures cannot be accomplished.
- there is too much idle production capacity.
When Coca-Cola introduced New Coke it was a marketing failure. Someone in the marketing department likely thought the new recipe was a disaster waiting to happen, but didn’t speak up. This is most likely an example of